Is your key fob giving you trouble? Does your dash read “Key Battery Flat”? It could be possible that your key fob battery needs to be changed. Changing your key fob battery is simple and can be done in a matter of minutes! Follow these steps to change your key fob battery (2010 or newer Panamera, 2011 or newer Macan/Cayenne/Cayman, 2013 or newer Boxster/911):
- First, remove the emergency key by turning key to backside, and pushing the release button on the bottom of the key and pulling, separating the key from the plastic casing.
- The black, circular plastic piece should lift free of the rest of the fob. Do not use a screwdriver, or else risk damage to casing.
- Remove the old battery and insert a new one, making sure the new battery is facing the correct way.
- Put the cover back on by putting it in its original place and pressing it together with slight force, then reassemble emergency key back into fob.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for all key fobs associated with vehicle. Dash message may not go away if you don’t.
- Congratulations! You just changed your fob battery 😊